Veg Stealing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg Stealing

Has anyone had any veg or equimpent stolen ?

I'm worried that more food will be stolen because of the rising food prices

Yep........someone once stole my tatties and stuck the tops back in the ground!
    If they were that hard up they needed to nick tatties.........they were welcome to them!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Our lottie isn't fenced and we see the odd spate of vandalism/theft.
      Last year another owner took his four year old down to tidy up and pick the pumpkins.
      He couldn't manage to take it all, so left his tools for the two minutes it takes to get home and back-his tools were gone!!!

Comment

I think most people, who expect their fruit & veg to come in plastic wrappers, wouldn't know where to begin on an allotment ... would they recognise a turnip/potato/carrot from it's foliage, and know how to dig one up?

If veg goes missing, I would suspect an inside job.

However, we did once have all our allotment pumpkins stolen ... they were found under a railway bridge, smashed to beggary. Vandals.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

a nice person stole my marrow when i went to lottie at the weekend it had gone.....& i'd been growing it specially to make marrow chutney.... hope they choke on it
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Stealing is Stealing and when youve put so much effort in to growing your own.........

Comment

It's not so much the stealing that upsets me, it's the vadalism.

When our site got "done" last year, a load of tools etc were stolen in one hit. This was not for someone to use themselves because of the quantities.

However my shed was locked and they destroyed the front of it to get in, only find begger all worth nicking. So I take it to pay me back for the wasted effort, they broke what I did have and busted all the glass in my greenhouse.

On other plots it was obvious that they had walked round stamping on items and kicking some produce that was noy on their route between sheds.
              I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X