DIY wheel barrow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY wheel barrow

I have the offer of as much horse muck as I want, they even offered to fire up their tractor and fill the trailer.

Now I am not getting any younger and I wondered about getting it from my front drive over steps and into my compost bin at the rear of the house.

So thoughts turned to a wheel barrow. I looked on the web and they look like bean tins on castors, and the cost, I am still trying to coax my wallet back out from under the settee.

Being a re-cycled pallet freak ( I have now decided thats true ) I considerd making one from them.

My initial design would be for a box 2'x2' and say 3' high.
    Wheels on one bottom edge and a handle.
    Perhaps one side could be held on with a hinge and bolts.
    Or may be the bottom or both.

Also though I may be able to rig a block and tackle over the compost bin and thus winch the filled barrow up and release the muck straight in. Would only the need to shovel it once out of the trailer.

Anyone made their own barrow ???
    Do you think my idea might work ???
    Thanks
    Jim
    Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

I think your barrow would be quite heavy, even without anything in it. What about looking for a builders barrow locally, you should get one for around £30.
    Try the builders merchants.

Or borrow one from a neighbour if you only need to use it a few times, or try freecycle, or the local tip.
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X