Compost Tumbler Thingy

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compost Tumbler Thingy

I bagged a freebie at the tip last week, and I was hoping for som etips how to use it.

We are now the proud owners of a tumbling compost maker contraption - are there any specifics how to use it? I mean - how do the worms get in or do they not (I guess I wouldn't like my word rotated 360 every few days...)

And how often do I turn it and is it one full turn each time or a few?

Ta muchly
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

You don't need worms for compost to rot. The bacteria will do it all for you and they are everywhere. You probably will introduce some worms from the soil on weed roots.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Ta capsid... I was wondering. I've always thought compost = worms (and other insects too).

Coool... once we get the garden back from the pond works this week just gone, I'll put it somewhere and get going!
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Oh lucky you - do you know how much they are to buy? Load it up with whatever you've got and give it a few turns each day. The idea is to keep the contents well mixed and they will rot down quickly. You don't necessarily need worms. Add some shredded paper as well as green stuff.

Comment

... I have no idea how much they cost.. I'll have a Google now I just happened to be getting out of the car when they were talkign about it, so I popped over to tell them what it was. I was about io walk away when the guy called out 'You wanna take it luv?'

Weeeelll.. it'd be rude to say no wouldn't it?
          Shortie

Comment

most seem to cost in excess of £100 -

you could of course try to make one with a barrel, tubing, and some wheels!
            www.myspace.com/alexfcooke
            www.outofthecool.com
            http://polytunneldiaries.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X