manure paranoia!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manure paranoia!

sorry if i'm starting an already existing thread but have just had a huge heap of well rotted manure delivered & wanting some personal assurance that its ok to use straight away?our top plot has been derelict for a while & very clayyee,we're not growing any root crops on it this year just lots of squash &beans.should it be ok to mulch the whole plot with manure or should we dig it in?will it burn our crop?should we lay something over the manure(i was thinking newspaper) to stop it burning the squash?again sorry if it a repeated tired thread but anxiety has crept up & my squash need planting!
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

my garden bible recommends digging it in to your soil a few weeks before planting anything for nutrients to release into the soil. i grow in pots using compost, i add my manure to the compost bin bit at a time (fresh stuff when i got it but 2 months old now) so i get really good compost.
    if its deffinatly really well rotted and dug in really well i think it should be ok, i found weeds in my fresh stuff after a few weeks so i think roots on plants should be fine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X