watering compost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watering compost

im fairly new to composting and had help on what to put in but shold you add any moisture, my compost training buddy as hes nick named has gone on holiday and the question is plaguing me stupid. your help would be appreciated and very welcome. please rescue a damsel in distress. thanks percy charlie

You can do. Best thing is to pee on it...(no I'm not joking!)
    http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

As she is a damsel she cannot pee on it. Only Bloke wee is any good. You also need to dilurte it. If you heap is dry give it a good turn over with a fork to let air in then give it a soak with a hose.

Ok Composting......your bin neeeds to be on soil not concreat. composting is an airobic activity it needs air.

Bung your bin down. As in all thing bigger is better.
      Add a layer of twigs/ sticks at the bottom then build it up in layers.
      If you add lots of one thing it will not work.
      So you need layers of grass, shredded paper, prunings and cuttings from your garden, spent compost, kitchen pealings. add it in layers.

Do not add cooked food, pasta, meat, fish, cheese.

Now it needs to be contined in a bin, buy one or make one. The plastic darlics are good if left in full sun. You need size to generate heat. evey now and then give it a fork over then, as it composts the level will drop then you can fill it up again.
      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

thanks nog, the bin is a plastic darlic type 330litre £10 from council but is on concrete as ive a concrete garden and grow everything in pots. would the childs potty do? but im afraid female urine it would be, i dont own a tall bloke hes only 5ft 8 and no gardening knowledge either (could get a step maybe). i do stir the compost and mix greens and brown as equal as possible and cut and chop stuff that is large down and add balls of newspaper + pony poo, does seem a bit dry though, i put the left over fruit juice when the little one leaves some at end of the night. millions of teabags too, min 15 a day. do you think adding any water a good idea. bin is nearly a third full been composting about 4 weeks. all help is appreciated thanks percy charlie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X