Compost for veggies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compost for veggies

Sorry if this is the wrong department but is there a best compost for growing veg in containers?

Also are there any bargain offers on at the moment, (in supermarkets for example,) as I need to buy quite a bit while I am waiting for my own compost bin to produce?

I bought some from the council recycling but it is a bit rough and ready and had a kind of mouldiness about it!

"rough and ready" is how its meant to be. Thats how your home made stuff will be too. Assumming you mean it had some unbroken down organic matter in still.
    Last edited by ClayGarden; 17-04-2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I would get hold of a multipurpose - you can always add some feed to it. I don't like homemade compost for growing things in containers - I prefer it added to soil as a conditioner or buried under bean trenches.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I'm with Flum on that one.

Comment

I usually mix multipurpose with a bit of homemade compost in pots, you could mix some with the stuff you got from the council, that should be O.K. for most plants. You can also use growbags emptied out into pots, they're usually fairly cheap, you can get them for around 99p in lots of places & they're fine to use for one season. I don't know of anywhere with any offers at the moment but Lidl/Aldi sometimes have good offers on compost & places like B&Q , Wyevale & Tesco.
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X