The Humanure handbook

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Humanure handbook

Amasing what you can find whilst trolling the net!

I've just come across this little beauty which I've downloaded to read later. As far as I can figure it's a free ebook!

weblife.org: Humanure Handbook: Contents
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

This is proberly a good place to link to this book which is very interesting.
    Amazon.co.uk: The World Without Us: Alan Weisman: Books
    Talks about how the world recovers from mankind if we vanished in the blink of an eye.

Comment

cor you two know how to live :

1. Talk about sh*t!!!
      2. Talk about life with out us!!!!

Thanks for the tips, but i may keep reading the Jackie Collins & Organic Vege books thanks!

lol

SS
      (the one who knows all about squashing sh*t between her fingers lol )

Comment

just come across it eh ????
        im all for recycling, to me thats to farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

I compost the baby's (eco) nappies...we will eat poo next year!

Comment

In years gone by the contents of the earth closet were always either put on the muck heap or dug straight into the garden. Personally I would compost it along with grass cuttings etc for a couple of years before using it,and then only on flower beds!!

Comment

Well, that's what the Night Soil was that went on the fields in the past. We're all still here!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
                I would compost it along with grass cuttings etc for a couple of years before using it,and then only on flower beds!!
                I've just got round to reading the book, and it shows how long or how hot the heap needs to be to be "safely" used on the garden. In a nutshell, the hotter it gets the safer, or if the heap is cool you just leave it for longer (1-2 years). The author uses his own muck on his crops and has done for 26 years

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                Well, that's what the Night Soil was that went on the fields in the past.
                Raw uncomposted sewage on the soil is a recipe for disease though.

The book shows you how to safely compost human waste, and is very thorough & scientific about the different processes.

Suddenly our own system (dumping in our drinking water) seems really really unsanitary
                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 31-12-2011, 12:17 PM.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Nice read
                  But you don't need to buy the book, all the info is in the link from Snadger's post

Comment

^ but a book is easier to hold in the dunny

Comment

You must read fast!

Comment

bumped for DonnaKebab

Comment

I've downloaded the one on Snadger's link. Should make for interesting bed time reading.

Comment

If you have a Kindle, you can download the PDF from Snadger's link, and still be able to read it on the dunny

Comment

Bumped for Mark_Riga

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X