Woo hoo, Im getting some top soil next week

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo hoo, Im getting some top soil next week

I have been offered as much top soil as I want for free, so I am going to hire a tipper truck next week and get 10 to 15 tons of the stuff to dump on my allotment.

When I say as much as I want he has several hundred tons of the stuff, its nice to have friends isnt it, just a shame I have to collect it myself...

Cheers Chris

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

He's not digging a tunnel out of a prison camp is he.
    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I hope you've got a JCB to load up the tipper truck or else you is going to have an awful sore back at the end of the day!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Get the hoe ready, I speak from experience here.

Comment

Well seven tipper loads of topsoil (about 10 tons) and about 1 1/2 tons horse manure came today it was all dumped on the plot and then leveled by a tractor, I can now hear you saying well hes had it easy then, but I am now officially knackered having had to spread some by hand and also having to make a roadway onto the plot using flags and my trolley broke after moving the second of about 25 flags (used to stop the tipper sinking into the plot and getting stuck) then rmoving some after each load.

I imagine I will ache a bit tomorrow so I am going to go back to the lotty and after I have spread 25kg of calcified seaweed and 25kg fish blood and bone over the plot, oh and another half ton of manure I am going to rotavate it with the beast of a rotavator that I bought today for £90 from another plot holder who had three, I already have a mantis tiller but it is more suited to individual beds rather than a whole allotment.

Well nearly time to go to the pub for a bit or lot of muscle relaxant in a glass.

Cheers Chris

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Chin chin Chris! Bet you're gonna have bumper crops after all this!
            I was feeling part of the scenery
            I walked right out of the machinery
            My heart going boom boom boom
            "Hey" he said "Grab your things
            I've come to take you home."

Comment

Strewth - not a word I say often but in this case; deserved.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X