No announcement yet.

Makes me so angry

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way you can 'screen' so that the spray gets caught in that and not all over your site?

janeyo

also lol at paul and his sweeping up the slug pellets - bet the chap thought the slugs had had a great meal... so how come they were still there?!

Comment

Whether you are for or against slug pellets is irrelevant but I don't like the idea of going on anyone else's plot for what ever reason. Could become a case of what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I know this comment is not going to be very popular on this thread but it's something I'm pretty passionate about.
      I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

The essence of the training is that one shouldn't spray if there is any chance of spray drift and this should be highlighted to anyone who might want to spray. We are urged to use face masks for most chemical applications but I sometimes wonder about their efficacy as I can still smell them ( the chemicals ) so they can't be 100% can they?

Comment

I cannot put up a screen to stop the spray coming on my plot.......only if I could. I approached him again yesterday and asked him to consider others around him, he said THAT he paid the rent on his allotment and could do what he liked with it. He said I was being a fuddy duddy, so I asked a couple of other plotholders to support me but it didnt change his view.
          He then proceeded to bring out a HUGE yellow sprayer filled with the stuff, I explained that its windy and you cannot possibly need to spray anything else.....he then had to leave....and left it behind. Another plotholder went and emptied the weedkiller into another tub, then poured plain water into his sprayer....he sprayed everywhere, smirking at me but I feel deep down it was I who was smirking. Although it wasn't right, this person has no right to invade others people soil, plants and shrubs. (The weedkiller is being stored safely and will be disposed safely if necessary).

No people shouldnt really go on others allotments.......I agree BUT all Paul did was sweep up slug pellets, he didnt break and enter, didnt take anything. I feel that allotment holders should consider all around them, thats how communities are built.

Most allotment holders on our site are armchair gardeners and when they come up and have work to do, it is too much......on our site 12 people only come up once in a blue moon, they leave veges to rot, allotments grow out of control and then they may give up, so some poor person has to tackle it all.

Our allotment officer is too soft and I feel that she is the main cause of allotments overgrowing. When I was secretary of our society, I made a proposal that new allotment holders should be given a 12 month probationary tenancy, that way if they do not work their plot, then they can be kicked off but it has sadly, not been put in place and with a waiting list of over 200, something really should be done.
          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X