wormery for 99p

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wormery for 99p

has anyone purchased one of these wormies for 99p on ebay ?

WORMERY COMPOSTING or FISHING WORMS or DOG POO COMPOST on eBay, also Composting, Hand Tools Equipment, Garden Plants, Home Garden (end time 24-Feb-08 16:48:30 GMT)
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

You only get the instructions on how to make your own wormery?
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

If you Google, the same info is there for free.
      I was feeling part of the scenery
      I walked right out of the machinery
      My heart going boom boom boom
      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
      I've come to take you home."

Comment

oh. has anyone tried doing there own with the two containers
        my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

I haven't tried doing it myself but having bought one like this:

Dendrobaena 200ltr Wormery -The 'Mega Tower' Composting on eBay, also Composting, Hand Tools Equipment, Garden Plants, Home Garden (end time 19-Feb-08 07:52:15 GMT)

I really don't think it would be hard. For me it was worth it really not to have to faff about but it's certainly not high-tec!
          I was feeling part of the scenery
          I walked right out of the machinery
          My heart going boom boom boom
          "Hey" he said "Grab your things
          I've come to take you home."

Comment

Hi there, I've bought 2 wormeries and have made one from free recycle bins from the council. I used 2 bricks in the bottom 1 then put some holes in the 1 above, covered the bottom with wet ripped up cardboard , bought some tiger worms from fishing tackle shop put them in and some home made compost. (Kitchen waste) that had been hanging in a plastic bag for a couple of weeks. Mainly banana skins egg shells, rotten bread and very finely peeled veg skins. Good luck. It's the only thing I've found that is a doddle and stress free.

Comment

Sorry if I'm sounding thick here, but does this womery (sp?) mean I can re-cycle my doggie poo??? I've just started a regular compost bin where I put all my veggie peelings, uncooked veggies, eggshells and the like, but I always wondered if pet poops could be turned into compost. Again apologies if this isn't the right place for this post

Comment

as far as I know only vegetarian animal poo is suitable for any type of composting ... meat eater's poo can carry very very nasty things!

Comment

Novice Gardener
                  The majority of people say you shouldn't put any cat or dog poo in the compost bins but you can buy several types of cat and dog poo composters. Can't remember their names, sorry, there's one that digests the waste and releases harmless water into the earth and there's one similar to a wormery which I haven't seen details of. Even then I think you can only use the results on non-food crops.
                  Sue

Comment

i have a wriggly wormery for swopsies? Preferably a cold frame!
                    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

You can buy animal poo wormeries but they are just the same as the others. You donot add anything other than the excrement and the worm food. It is not for use on veg, however as I said on an earlier post if you have ever had veg from Africa and I am including Egypt and Israel in this. You will have eaten veg grown in nothing but whatever they can find ie. human, camel, goat and dog just to mention the ones I can remember!

Comment

Sorry but going back to the top of the thread....those wormerys are just stack and store boxes.....I could build one of those...infact I am going to build one of those.
                        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Nog here's a couple of links to home made wormeries the first one has couple of photos are missing thats because the site is archived, then this one has a few more pictures. You're right they do looks easy enough to make
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

What a brilliant idea,I'm going to make one of those one day!
                            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

I bought one - excellent, detailled instructions - got OH to make one on Saturday. He particularly liked the references to buying stuff from Wilkinsons, being a manager at the Cleveleys store! Trouble was I wanted it there and then and ended up going to local GeeTees store to buy the necessary bits! Going to say hello to my worms now....................... Bernie aka DDL
                              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X