Best Deal Multi Compost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Deal Multi Compost

I hope this section is appropriate for bought Multi Compost. Anyway does anyone know of a good deal (cheap & decent quality) going anywhere? My local Wilko only stocks compost in smaller pack, nothing over 20 litres. I'm not sure that B&Q's price is that good but have only checked out their website for price and not too impressed.
    Food for Free

We get B & Q bales (150 litres) for around £5 or £6. They don't look that big but are compressed and go a **** of a long way.

Comment

Have you checked your local Wilko online? I got five 70 litre bags for under £20 delivered.
      I was feeling part of the scenery
      I walked right out of the machinery
      My heart going boom boom boom
      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
      I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
        Have you checked your local Wilko online? I got five 70 litre bags for under £20 delivered.
        I think you meant the J Arthur Bowers 70 litres bag for £3.29 but they're not available online at the moment although I remember seeing it few weeks ago. Hope they haven't run out already , otherwise that price is excellent.
        Food for Free

Comment

I got 3 x 75 litres for under a tenner, peat free, delivered free from my local hardware store
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Our allotment association hut usually has good offers on!

4 X 60Ltr bags for a tenner!

Or £2.50 each if bought singly.......errr.........Doh!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by veg4681 View Post
              I think you meant the J Arthur Bowers 70 litres bag for £3.29 but they're not available online at the moment although I remember seeing it few weeks ago. Hope they haven't run out already , otherwise that price is excellent.
              Ah... just looked and you're right, no big bags online I think the one I have is Wilko ownbrand. Hope they have it again cos it's perfect for me with not being a driver!
              I was feeling part of the scenery
              I walked right out of the machinery
              My heart going boom boom boom
              "Hey" he said "Grab your things
              I've come to take you home."

Comment

Whatever you get, try to make sure its fresh !

Burnzie

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                  We get B & Q bales (150 litres) for around £5 or £6. They don't look that big but are compressed and go a **** of a long way.
                  Just been to B&Q and their 150 litres multi-purpose compost is about £6.98. But I couldn't transport this size so I went for the 75 litres for £3.78. BTW I checked that the packaging look newish, therefore fairly fresh compost.
                  Last edited by veg4681; 19-01-2008, 04:26 PM.
                  Food for Free

Comment

Check out CPL Distribution

CPL Distribution - Coal and Smokeless solid fuel merchant

They also do Organic fertilizers and composts and soil improvers, other gardening stuff like decking and fencing, as well as various solid and wood fuels etc. Must email them and ask about wood chip cat litter!

Excellent prices - well I think so! - and minimum order just £20 - prices INCLUDE delivery. They cover around 80% of the UK for delivery purposes.

Not always the fastest - if they run short of an item on your order they'll hold - but service with a smile when delivery man calls - no humming and harring about where it needs to be put - and call centre seems to be manned by very nice peeps.

I've been very happy, would use them again and can certainly recommend.

Comment

Not only is the B&Q a reasonable price, it did very well in the Gardening Which? tests on composts.....
                      Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X