Tommee Tippee Nappy Wrappers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommee Tippee Nappy Wrappers

Much to my dear wife's dread - I love re-using things where I can around the garden/allotment - probably why she refers to me as Steptoe!

My latest reuse/recycle idea I think is great! and just had to share...

We have a newish baby (3 months now), and we were bought one of those nappy bins for disposable nappies - whilst changing the insert today I noticed that the left-over plastic container resembled one of those Growbag pots.

I've enclosed some pic's so you should be able to see what I mean - first picture is the nappy sack thing, the second picture is what I am hoping to replicate, and finally the end-product

I've then punched a series of holes in the base for drainage.

I know I'm sad - but I think it's a great way to reuse! I'll let you know if it works with my Tomatoes this year - I can then call then my Tommee Tippee Tomatoes!

Thanks for reading!

ps - please don't lambast me for not using washable etc - I know if we did I wouldn't be filling the landfill and making more waste (sorry)
    Attached Files

Did you know you can get 90% recyclable disposable nappies.My daughter and daughter-in-law use them.Could be from Sainsbury's but I will ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by SJA View Post
      ps - please don't lambast me for not using washable etc - I know if we did I wouldn't be filling the landfill and making more waste (sorry)
      That looks like a fab idea!

Hey, about the nappies - each to their own I say I wanted to use washables with bubs 2 (now 5 months) but when hubbie and both sets of granparents told me they wouldn't change them if I went for them, I realised it wasn't going to happen here
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I used disposable nappies with both of mine as I just couldn't cope with the increased laundry while working full time etc. However, we used to take many to my parents to burn on the open fire - saved on coal and logs and a brill way to keep the fire 'in' overnight.
        Last edited by shirlthegirl43; 02-01-2008, 09:52 AM.
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X