Which manure is best?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which manure is best?

I've access to chicken and horse manure and possibly also sheep & cow. Which is best and is it worthwhile to go for the one best? Okay, our friend is a famer.
    Food for Free

This should be of some help:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A2339624

Comment

Great link CC, thanks

Comment

Our local farmers won't use equipoo because they say there's no goodness in it? The GQT panel said that sheep droppings are the best for your flower garden (infused in water) and chicken manure is,well..., messy to say the least (buy chicken manure pellets). Farmers don't usually want to give any of their cow muck away, they usually say they havn't got enough for themselves. It depends what you want to use it for, any organic matter you put back into the ground should improve the structure of the soil. Use whatever you can get. Waste not, want not.
        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cutecumber View Post
          This should be of some help:
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A2339624
          Thanks for the link. It does confirm that chicken **** is the most powerful stuff, hopefully less effort for me sticking to this one. The article also points that horse manure may carry seeds of weeds.

Originally posted by terrier View Post
          Our local farmers won't use equipoo because they say there's no goodness in it? The GQT panel said that sheep droppings are the best for your flower garden (infused in water) and chicken manure is,well..., messy to say the least (buy chicken manure pellets). Farmers don't usually want to give any of their cow muck away, they usually say they havn't got enough for themselves. Use whatever you can get. Waste not, want not.
          Don't think the farmers can always stop you from helping yourself to the animal muck on the fields by the road side, sheep ones are easier to collect. I agree, manure is an excellent fertiliser that can be obtained for free and is organic that gives people like me the opportunity to go organic where I can without spending a penny.
          Food for Free

Comment

Originally posted by veg4681 View Post

gives people like me the opportunity to go organic where I can without spending a penny.
            Oh you can use that too! See Two Sheds' thread on peeing on cabbages!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X