Can I put.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
    You laugh but i know someone who spins her own wool and on one occassion made a pair of socks from dog hair!
    I don't laugh at all! I made this hat this year for my friend whose elderly dog had recently been clipped (she bathed him first!) and I think she wanted a souvenir. It was by her request. I've never spun dog hair before but it was very well behaved. However, most people squirm at the thought! This is how it looked.
    Attached Files
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I read,somewhere,that the contents of the hoover bag,especially if you have animals,is the best mulch for tomatoes.

Comment

Yea Polly I saw a dvd with that in he showed some that had not been fed the hover fluff and some that had
        big differance you put a bit just under the soil every 2 weeks it worked for us

Nice hat flum
        does it srink in the wahs we got a great dane cross the post man is terefide of her I had to go pick up the post from the post office today
        Last edited by Dobby; 02-10-2007, 09:41 AM.
        Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
        Dobby

Comment

It shouldn't shrink in the wash Dobby - or otherwise Ollie the Dog would stick out of his fur after a bath!

Comment

Gorgeous hat Flum!
            Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Thanks LL - it's based on a Peruvian original - not dog I suspect!

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                You laugh but i know someone who spins her own wool and on one occassion made a pair of socks from dog hair!
                My dog is called Kes. She is a German Shepherd that moults a lot! I do a bit of trout fishing and tie some of my own flies, so I tied a Kesdog fly from a clump of hair off her tail!
                First cast, I caught a fish with it but the fly fell apart cos I'm crap at fly tying! Still managed to land the fish though!

Should have maybe re-named this thread 'Uses for pet hair'
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X