Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get compost delivery in corona times?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get compost delivery in corona times?

Hi there everyone,

I hope everyone is well and staying safe in these crazy times.

I just wanted to check if anyone knows where I can get a delivery of compost from at the moment? I have checked quite a few website and most say 'out of stock'!
    I know this may be because they are closed or focusing on more pressing matters but I still need my compost!

I live in the Oldham area of Greater Manchester so if anyone is aware of a place I can get a delivery from, any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks and stay safe people.

Any Blue Diamond garden centres near you? They're delivering/

Comment

There's loads of local garden nurseries and family run places that are doing delivery to make a few pennies.
      I've just bought from a local one. They are really feeling the pinch delivery may take longer as they aren't set up for it but I would search your local FB groups.
      Last edited by Scarlet; 31-03-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

A quick search in the Oldham Area brings up
        Booths garden centre that is doing delivery. Just ring around a few.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	888FEA70-792E-4ACA-B906-FB5A1A75E9F7.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	2386770

They have compost available and in stock.
        Last edited by Scarlet; 31-03-2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

What Scarlet said... I managed to get a couple of 60L bags from our local farm supplies shop who are delivering - it may take a few days but good to know it’s helping them a bit too.
          All at once I hear your voice
          And time just slips away
          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Will.try local.farm shop as little GC now shut ��
            Northern England.

Comment

Farm supplies shops more likely to remain open as they are essential services.
              And time just slips away
              Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                Will.try local.farm shop as little GC now shut ��
                The two local ones to me are shut but they are taking orders over the phone and delivering.

Comment

I've just messaged my local farm shop and they have some in, so I will go tomorrow at lunch time to stock up
                  https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

My corner shop sells compost and an amazing collection of plants. They were closed on Sunday and the plants were behind a security fence. I was like a kid forbidden to touch - but I could smell the hyacinths. Lovely.

Comment

Fortunately my father in laws cleaner told us our local building supplies does compost and has dumped 6 x 60 litre bags on the drive for £24, bargain. I will be using them from now on, sorry b&q it will also save on my fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Starch View Post
                        I will be using them from now on, sorry b&q it will also save on my fuel.
                        I think when this is over many people will ( fingers crossed) carry on using some of the small suppliers. I have a local milk man deliver. It's never cheaper than the supermarkets but I prefer the taste and it's been a relief to know I have regular milk as well as eggs, cheese butter and cream if I want to add it onto my order. They are also loyal to their regular customers unlike the big boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Starch View Post
                          Fortunately my father in laws cleaner told us our local building supplies does compost and has dumped 6 x 60 litre bags on the drive for £24, bargain. I will be using them from now on, sorry b&q it will also save on my fuel.
                          Oooh, which one is that - I’m only up the road from you
                          And time just slips away
                          Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X