That new parcel tape

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That new parcel tape

In the last couple of years Am@zon and the like have started using a different kind of parcel tape to seal up their (ridiculously oversized) cardboard boxes... it's paper based, sticky as Hell, and tears when you try and remove it from the boxes.
    Now I'm sure this tape is better for the environment than the old shiny plastic parcel tape, so I shouldn't really be complaining, but I always tear my boxes into little shreds and add them to my kitchen caddy, and eventually, my compost heap. I used to remove all the tape fairly easily, but this new stuff won't come off, and it's full of mesh fibres which appear to be made of plastic... I don't really want them in my compost. Also, I often use larger boxes for sheet mulching on my allotment, and I'm not sure how this tape will break down over time... plus I'm getting older and generally more grumpy and impatient

Anyone know what this tape is made of and if it's biodegradable?
    He-Pep!

No idea!...good question!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

It's horrible. Did once try to find out what the fibres were made of but couldn't find anything concrete, so now just assume it is plastic. The recycling companies apparently don't like it either. Sometimes you can get your fingers under a loose bit and lever it up in one piece, but most of the time I just rip the top layer of cardboard off.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X