X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah well done Verinda!

Comment

Guess what??

Mr V rescued Another baby from the cat this morning, slightly bigger than Arthur so probably not a sibling. She was all wet and bedraggled and a bit chewed but not bleeding thankfully. She snoozed and warmed up in my cupped hands then had some fruit and scrambled egg. When Arthur met Guinevere, well you can see by his expression he was not immediately smitten

Attached Files
      The best things in life are not things.

Comment

What a pair! They look quite comical. Bet you're enjoying their company. Probably good for Arthur to have a 'sibling' as well.

Comment

Last night all was chirpy and cheerful and wonderful, they were chatting to each other, it was brilliant but this morning, having got up at 6am and transformed the spare room into a blackbird aviary, they both suddenly went downhill and just seemed to loose the will to live. I tried everything to revive them but to no avail, they have just quickly and suddenly faded away they are asleep now and probably won't wake up I feel terrible because I must've gone wrong somewhere, although I really did try my best for them. I was probably feeling too confident and not prepared for it to go all wrong

Comment

Aww Verinda, you did your best honey. Natures like that isn't it.
            Slipping away peacefully with a bit of grub in your tum and a nice warm nest is only happening because you cared for them
            Don't blame yourself
            Nannys make memories

Comment

Thank you so much Nannysally xx

I just hope the cat doesn't catch anymore baby birds. Or any birds at all!

Comment

Sorry to hear your news, Verinda. Not necessarily your fault. You both did the best you could and gave them a better chance than they would have had otherwise.
                Big hugs.

Comment

Thank you Snoop puss. I'm so sad, I was enjoying them, I wish they could have survived and flown off.

Comment

Sorry Verinda. You gave them a fighting chance, you couldn't have done more for them xx

Comment

Thank you VC xx

This is our first ever spring with a cat and definitely not enjoying it. He is very affectionate and has completely solved our rat problem but oh dear, I do love birds

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X