Are Ladybirds thick or lazy ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ja9 View Post
    I remember that too...I was very, very young! We collected them from the trees.Sure they bit us?!
    Don't think I was ever bitten but I remember clouds of them,and them covering car windscreen, was horrible.
    DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Ja9 View Post
      I remember that too...I was very, very young! We collected them from the trees.Sure they bit us?!
      When my daughter was about 5 and at the seaside, a huge swarm of ladybirds descended on the beach. She's 27 now but still goes into a panic at the sight of ladybirds, poor thing.
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Ohhh,poor thing,how horrid.
        DottyR

Comment

There was a ladybird invasion on the Norfolk coast a few years ago. Cycling through them was hideous (keep mouth shut at all times) and I remember Cromer shopkeepers sweeping them out of their shops.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
            There was a ladybird invasion on the Norfolk coast a few years ago. Cycling through them was hideous (keep mouth shut at all times) and I remember Cromer shopkeepers sweeping them out of their shops.
            I was living in Norfolk then, early 1980's, but it might have happened again after that.
            Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 22-04-2014, 10:41 PM.
            DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
              I bet the greenfly kept their heads down.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                Seen quite a few Ladybirds of late...But they don't seem very active.

I usually pick them up and pop them on a rose leaf with aphids.
                They may be cold, or their minds might be on mating rather than eating. Putting them on certain plants isn't a solution, because they will fly off. Moving the larvae is different: no wings see.
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X