Holly and hawthorn hedge

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
    That is interesting it seems a very unusual gift for a school, particulary one that has nowhere to put them.
    I believe they are paid for by a 'hedge fund' Woodland trust do a lot of funding for that type of thing, council too, its the in thing, really good thing too.

Comment

In addition to points already raised (sorry if I missed in and am repeating an earlier point)

I don't plant holly next to flower beds. The leaves take forever to rot, and make weeding a painful prickly experience!

I find Hawthorn a difficult hedge plant. It is unruly and therefore difficult to get to grow into a shape suitable for clipping. For a field boundary hedge it is fine, but I would choose something else for a clipped hedge.

If land is heavy plant Hornbeam rather than Beech, otherway round on Light land (Beech preferable I think as it holds it leaves better in the winter). If light land probably plenty of Beech seedlings around, in woodlands, if you are not shy about helping yourself (or ask - might well find the owner is perfectly happy for you to take some )
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by YFS View Post
        What sort are they?
        1 rowan & 6 or 7 birch.

If you're seriously interested, PM me and I'll stick them on eBay as a Buy It Now for a penny. You'll need Paypal to pay the postage, which will be about £6 by courier
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          1 rowan & 6 or 7 birch. If you're seriously interested, PM me and I'll stick them on eBay as a Buy It Now for a penny. You'll need Paypal to pay the postage, which will be about £6 by courier
          Not really what I am looking for, its only a small garden, and its only half ready. Thanks for the offer tho. I already have some sapling oak trees, awaiting some Guerrilla planting

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X