Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garden birds disappearing not surprising.

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shellyanne1987 View Post
    Those grey squirrels are tasty though i think more people should try it as a food then we could start to cut back their numbers!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    But they may contain nuts ????????
    "...Very dark, is the other side, very dark."

"Shut up, Yoda. Just eat your toast."

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin2001 View Post
      But they may contain nuts ????????
      Nah,all the nuts/nutters are here on the vine

(ohh,as an aside,the babies are coming along well some are over 30mm diameter now)
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Baby Nuts?
        Aren't they a bit young to be playing on the Vine?

Comment

Ahhhhhh,that's got you thinking now hasn't it we got babies in the G/H,babies on the window sill indoors & even some in my neighbours heated conservatory,watching to see which grows fattest fastest & the were all given to Mrs BB by Olorin
          Last edited by bearded bloke; 30-01-2014, 08:50 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by cheops View Post
            The explosion of domestic cats.

[3] The explosion of non garden birds [birds that are not normally associated with urban gardens and parks.

I believe the word explosion is a relevant one and not the exaggerated use of a word.
            I am not surprised with all those exploding animals its enough to put anyone off

Sorry I will get my coat

Comment

My dad is a farmer and has lived there all his life as did his dad before them. They have both said that a huge factor is the lack of hedging we all have now. My dads farm is still all little fields with huge hedges all the way around full of brambles,crab apples and sloes and he has so many little birds around. my house is the only one along our road ( a good 100ish houses) with a lovely hedge and we have so many birds nesting in it, More than you see in others peoples houses.
              My dad farms organically and always has and said there is a direct correlation between the use of pesticides in farming and birds i suppose its all the little bugglies that get harmed along the way.

Comment

Rather strangely it is illegal to trap squirrels and relocate them but it is LEGAL to shoot them. Guys and gals get your guns catapults etc out.

Anyone who is horrified at a mention of culling crows/ magpies or squirrels are unable to grasp the whole picture. Poor things.

And foxes they are everywhere now in urban environments. There is nothing more beutiful than a rural fox. A magnicient animal. But oh dear the urban fox - skinny, full of mange [often have bare skinned tails.] But even more tragic is this --- The RSPCA estimate 50% of urban foxes die on our roads. Well eventually they die after lying wounded on the road suffering and sooner or later another vehicle finishes them off [if they are lucky.] Should we be encouraging foxes into our cities by feeding them etc ??? ---just to have wildlife around us????

Comment

I'm locking this thread before it gets into a rights & wrongs of culling debate,been there done that & it never ends well

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X