a wild boar!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a wild boar!

Last night we were woken by the squealing of a wild boar in the woods at the back of our house!
    No idea what was going on- it sounded like a vicious cat fight at first- but deeper and we had a bit of a panic that perhaps our cat was being 'got' by a fox/badger/boar...but nope- she came in as soon as we called her ( I think her feathers had been a bit ruffled by the sound of it all!)

Fingers crossed it keeps away from our veg plants- it was only a few 100 metres away from them!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Aren't they quite shy and hard to find even in the woods that they prefer?
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

We have them in the woods all around (and our neighbour has them in the freezer). From time to time the turf gets heaved up and turned over. Might be badgers, of course.

Never seen or heard them - how exciting.
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have seen one once on the chemin (lane) just by the entrance to our house and when it snows there are footprints to show where they have been. Not found them in the garden yet.
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Just in time for the blackcurrant sauce.

Potty
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X