Night Visitor

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Visitor

We put a video camera in the garden to see what came visiting at night and this fella turned up. I knew that there was a badgers sett about half a mile from us and was hoping they wouldn't visit. So far the lawn and veggie patch are untouched, here's hoping it stays that way.
    The video was taken with an infra red camera which accounts for the poor quality.

My new Blog...

Click here to view

Oh lucky you - I love badgers.

Comment

There seem to be loads of badgers in this area. Played merry hell in the chicken shed of a friend last year.
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
      If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

Ooh I love badgers too. How exciting to catch one on camera!
        The best things in life are not things.

Comment

I love to see them too, but they can do so much damage to lawns and gardens.
          We have lots of other wildlife here, Foxes, Deer, Stoats as well as the usual bird population, but very few Rabbits (possibly because of the stoats). It's not unusual to see Deer at the bottom of the garden on early summer mornings, beautiful, I could watch them all day.

Took this about 2 weeks ago...

Attached Files
          My new Blog...

Click here to view

Comment

Cool - I've never seen a badger before. We live near the Badja River, and that is named for early settlers who thought the wombat might be a badger. Head is nothing the same, but I'm guessing in the dark you don't notice things like that so much
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X