Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Blackbird - did I do the right thing?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a lovely story!! Awwww, I hope he's found some friends and is happy

Comment

• Originally posted by FB. View Post
      He's been gone for a while now; put into the garden a couple of weeks ago and not seen since.
      We hope he's happy, wherever he went.
      Well done you. I hope s/he returns to you to raise a brood next year

('my' female blackie, Short Tail, comes back every year)
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by FB. View Post
        He's been gone for a while now; put into the garden a couple of weeks ago and not seen since.
        We hope he's happy, wherever he went.
        A nice happy ending and congrats on your hard work FB
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I once saw 3 baby blue tits fly the nest which was in the hole in a concrete block. Magpies were surrounding them and despite the parets putting up a brave show they eventualy gave up. i had to intervene and picked the babies up and returned them to their nest. Within minutes out they came again, I returned them over and over but it was no good. In the end i placed them in the hedge where the parents were but as soon as I walked away the magpies got them.
          Strictly speaking this is Darwinism at work and the pair of Blue Tits would not be reproducing their genes because making nests in such places was not a good thing. Had I saved the babies I would have been creating a line of birds that had poor decision making abilities. In a similar way the baby bird you found was not as good at hanging onto the nest in a storm as those who didnt fall out. Its a very cruel world is it not.
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• I like to think you'll be out in the garden one day and hear, "Oi! Oi! Oi!"....
            When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

• Was just wondering if you'd had any sightings as birds are appearing back into the gardens again at long last?!
              You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

• Not seen him since he went out in the garden a few months ago.
                Come to think of it, I haven't seen many garden birds of any sort in the last few weeks.

Comment

• Put the food out and they will appear, FB.
                  I put out the pink berry suet mix - attracts the robin, blue tits, great tits, longtailed tits and starlings.
                  Then the suet balls - minus the net covering - blue tits and starlings mostly.
                  The sunflower seed feeder - the robin, odd blue tit and goldfinches and chaffinches.
                  Overhead - the west London Himalayan green parakeet flock.
                  Once the frost has bitten I get fieldfares and waxwings on the crab apple tree and joy breaks out up and down the street.
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X