beeutiful

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beeutiful

In my new found increased enthusiasm for bees, I ordered an identification sheet from the Field Studies Council and headed off to the poly' with it as soon as it arrived. I have two sorts of bee feeding regularly in there on the broad beans and cerinthe. One is the White-tailed Bumblebee but the other, and I've checked and checked, is a Brown Banded Carder Bee which is very rare. This one is mainly on the cerinthe.
    Last edited by marchogaeth; 31-05-2013, 07:08 AM. Reason: See Mr Badexample below
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Bee exciting if you do have that one - its been found in Carmarthenshire New sighting of rare UK Priority Bee Species Brown-banded carder bee! | Grasslands Trust

Comment

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
      and I've checked and checked, is a Brown Banded Carder Bee. which is very rare. This one is mainly on the cerinthe.
      I might be wrong, but I think that link takes you to a misidentified fly. The compound eyes are all wrong for a bee. Of course, that in no way means yours isn't a BBCB, and I'm a bit jealous.
      Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
      By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
      While better men than we go out and start their working lives
      At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post
        I might be wrong, but I think that link takes you to a misidentified fly. The compound eyes are all wrong for a bee. Of course, that in no way means yours isn't a BBCB, and I'm a bit jealous.
        Thanks for pointing this out. I am guilty of not looking carefully enough at the photo. Hopefully, the new link is correct although the colour is a bit red.
        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
          Thanks for pointing this out. I am guilty of not looking carefully enough at the photo. Hopefully, the new link is correct although the colour is a bit red.
          That's the one!
          Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
          By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
          While better men than we go out and start their working lives
          At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X