blank canvas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blank canvas

i have a blank canvas of 4ft by 13ft which i want to make into a pond wildlife area. i intend to have a log pile and rocks with a flower bed. what else should i be looking to add. all ideas welcome
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Building a wildlife garden pond

Wildlife ponds / Royal Horticultural Society

I'm looking for a water lily today, to provide shade and suppress the duckweed
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Nothing that I know of suppresses the horrible duckweed.

Hawthorns, how about a wildflower area and some nettles as peacock butterfly caterpillers love them. And maybe an insect hotel or two and birdboxes, plenty of bee friendly flowers. Oh and a bumble bee box, I'd love one of those. And sand at the bottom of your pond as this is what dragonfly lava favour. Good luck with your site, I bet it will be fab.
      The best things in life are not things.

Comment

So far have done small log pile which i have rehomed 2slow worms into. My tin bath has now been slotted into the soil. Next plan is to sow cornflower phacelia marigold and poached egg plants. Like the idea of adding a few nttles. I already have a widlfe stack near by.
        my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

It sounds great. You can eat the nettle tops in spring, nettle quiche is really tasty, and extremely good for you too
          The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X