Frogspawn 2013

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frogspawn 2013

First in my pond today, however it's in very shallow water and is by now probably freezing. Still lots more to come I'm sure.
    The cats' valet.

I only dug my pond last year so I guess it's still establishing, but the one thing I want more than anything else this year is frogspawn.

Oh, actually it's an England Grand Slam. Then frogspawn.
    Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
    By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
    While better men than we go out and start their working lives
    At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I put in my pond today, well, I dug a big hole today. I doubt the frogs will show up for a while.

Comment

Had our first lot about 3 weeks ago. Pond has been frozen since so will be interesting to see what survives.

Comment

I had frogspawn in early Feb, but now seems a better time for frogspawn...its not normally this cold in March.

Good luck with your pond Darwin, I'm sure the frogs will soon be moving in.
          The best things in life are not things.

Comment

No sign of frogs here: pond frozen for over two weeks. usually get spawn in March - often gets frozen...

Not a lifestyle I fancy - sex once a year...:-)

Comment

I'm married so that sounds about right for me

My digger is sitting up waiting to be collected, all my drainage, pond, levelling of clay and clearing space around the house for concrete is done. The garden hose is turned on and stuck in the pond now so it should be full sometime tomorrow. After that it's just a case of sit and wait for something to show up.

Comment

When I built / dug my pond the frogs were there the next spring, so you guys never know.
                The cats' valet.

Comment

Pondlife arrives amazingly quickly, water beetles are usually first, then all sorts of things...the question is how do they get there?!
                  The best things in life are not things.

Comment

I left the hose on for about three hours so I have a few inches of water in it now, I'll leave it on most of the day tomorrow and hope it fills up a bit.

Comment

Darwin, if possible suspend the hose up in the air if you are using mains water as the water will be slightly less chlorinated if the light can get at it (if it's rainwater just ignore me)
                      The cats' valet.

Comment

It's water from my own well so there's nothing dodgy added to it at all.

Comment

That's good, hope it gets adopted soon.
                          The cats' valet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X