Is it a bad time to start a pond?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a bad time to start a pond?

Was reading that it is best to start in spring as it's a good time to get plants in and growing to help set up the eco-system. Does that mean it would be bad to start now? Was thinking of taking some pond weed or something from neighbouring ponds at the plots.
    Thanks
    Last edited by redser; 25-07-2012, 09:54 PM.

There is no reason why you shouldn't do the digging etc. and you could try some plants but they may not grow so you would only have to put some more in in the spring.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I don't see why you can't start one now. True, plants grow faster in the Spring but if you can beg some from your neighbours you'll be off to a good start.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll get digging so

Comment

Go for it, mine was started at around this time about 4 years ago, admittedly with GC bought plants, but the next year Newts had moved in, and as far as I am aware not another pond within 200m.
          The cats' valet.

Comment

As well as plants, try and beg a few gallons of the pond water and mud from the pond bottom for all the microscopic beasties it contains.

Cheers, Tony
            Semper in Excrementem Altitvdo Solvs Varivs.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X