baby stoat/weasel!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby stoat/weasel!

Just tucking into my supper and I heard what sounded like a bird in distress . So, having a cat I rushed outside to see what was going on.
    Indeed the cat was involved

What I was expecting to be a bird stuck it's head through the chicken wire we have at the base of an old gate and squawked at me

Not a bird thought I !

getting closer it was clearly either a stoat or a weasel- but only about 6" long with a brown 1" tail. No black tip- so i'm presuming it's a weasel ( yes....cos it was weasily wecognised)

Very small though- so I'm presuming it's a baby- but oh boy was it going for the cat by leaping forwards at her and squalking.Poor thing was terrified.
    Cat was duely picked up and brought inside and said mammel was left to go and eat as many voles as possible before they have a chance to get stuck into my veg plot!

If it's a baby- then it'll have a mommy and daddy and maybe some siblings!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

How lovely! Not for the weasel and cat but, at least it has managed to fight another day. We once had a stoat in full ermine in our garden one year. I only managed to catch a glimpse but it was beautiful.
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

You should of course have known whether it was a stoat or a weasel. How so? Because a weasel is weasily identified and a stoat is stotally different

Comment

Oh- flipping heck- it's just dawned on me it might go for my chooks or bunnies
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Oh- flipping heck- it's just dawned on me it might go for my chooks or bunnies
          I was thinking of the chooks before you started talking about it eating voles! I'd best google these animals before I get too confused! Chooks I know
          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

or pinch the eggs?

Comment

What a fab discovery VG , well spotted!!!!!
              I think this might be my greenhouse ( very amateur) and other trivia blog page!!! Do feel free to drop in !

http://bradlo107.wordpress.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X