Harlequin Ladybird Survey

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlequin Ladybird Survey

Just heard an item on GQT about the Harlequin Ladybird and the survey being undertaken.

Gardeners are invited / requested to take part and record any sightings.

Link: Harlequin Ladybird Survey - home

a-a

will have to keep my eye out, i have noticed that each year there seems to be more and more ladybirds around and in my raised beds
    All my projects including my brewing adventures!

www.make-your-own.info

Comment

I wouldn't bother - that's not been updated since 2010. The problem with this is that people were mid-identifying them and killing native ladybirds. A time when a little information is a dangerous thing.

Comment

I actually didn't see that many Harlequins last year, but lots of native ones.
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I spotted my first harlequins from late summer last year. Much as they are an alien species which are reported to be thriving here I am yet to be convinced that they are necessarily problematic. Surely bigger tougher ladybirds will do better at keeping aphids at bay.

Comment

This site is good - and current: UK Ladybird Survey - Homepage

I entered spottings several times last year and they give you some guidelines for how to check with variety (?species??) you have, but if you are unsure you can send them pictures and they will clarify for you. I sent a couple of piccies off as I had seen several different types and couldnt always tell which one they were.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X