Bee is back

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee is back

Here's a couple of shots of a bee working through the elephant garlic flowers. Glad to say there appear to be far more bees in my garden this year than recent times, which surprised me a bit considering the extreme winter we had.
    Attached Files
    "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

My leek flowers are covered in bees, T8Ter - I counted 5 different kinds of bumble bees there the other day.
    I have noticed loads of bees this year too. But maybe I was just noticing better!
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

That's good news Jeanie, perhaps the winter did more harm to the bee predators/disease than the bees themselves, nature usually has a way of balancing the books.
      "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I've noticed a lot more bumble bees this year but there are still very very few honey bees.

Comment

Lots of honey bees in our Staffordshire Moorlands garden.. Must be the hives:-)

Comment

Like Jeanie I have left some Leeks to flower for the Bees - they seem to love them here too!
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

3 types of bee on my marjoram all day for the past 3 days or so

Really must try and work out the types- a small bumble with a white bum- one a tiny bit smaller with an orange bum ( like in your piccie T8Ter!) and one which looked like a small honeybee- presumably a wild honeybee?

Must have been about 30 in total down a stretch 4ft long!!!...thinking about it- it was the mass of butterflies last year supping on those flowers!
              Last edited by Nicos; 26-07-2010, 07:18 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X