Bee in plastic greenhouse!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee in plastic greenhouse!

We are meant to be having a frost tonight and I want to put fleece over the stuff in the plastic greenhouse but.... there is a huge bee sounding really angry, stuck in there!!! Anyway to get him out? I don't like going near them, even more so when they sound like he/she does

He's been stuck in there for a few hours now, I was hoping he would fly out

Usually they leave if you get behind them and say 'go on, out you go'.

If that doesn't work, trap it in a glass and paper affair (you need to be brave) and shoo her out the door
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Bit of cardboard waved at their rear, whilst making encouraging noises (best done at arms length)
      The cats' valet.

Comment

Its gone! I went out there to get the broom and try and get it to land on the handle, but he flew off as I picked the broom up He flew off fine and plants covered for the night, so happy ending

Will try pushing him out next time, if I'm felling brave lol

Comment

I keep a couple of empty clean plastic pots in there and catch her between them or use a soft duster. A bumble bee can sting but its rare. They make a lot of noise but are quite lovely.

Comment

I have a large old plastic measuring jug that I leave in there just to catch the bumble bees in.
            Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X