Blackbird is thieveing my tadpoles

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackbird is thieveing my tadpoles

Yes, there is a female blackbird making regular trips to the pond and snaffling taddies on a regular basis.

OK I have a few thousand in there so can speare a few.

The cats are chasing the bird away as they have a vested interest in allowing the tadpoles to mature as they just love chasing frogs!
    The cats' valet.

I didn't realise they ate tadpoles? I usually have a blackbirds nest close to the pond and thought it was because they could get a drink easier! Grrr
    My tadpoles are tiny this year and don't seem to be growing much anyway!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Blackbirds come to our pool to get mud to line their nests. Every year since we built our pool in 1996..

Comment

Oh the harsh realities of nature. I'm afraid you've got a front row seat for the reason frogs lay such a colossal amount of spawn. The majority are food.
        on one hand but on the other as it's the way things are meant to be and shows that things are carrying on as per normal.

Just start praying that the blackbirds move onto slugs in the near future - they look very funny wiping the slime off on the grass and do a great service in the garden in the process.

Comment

We had one that used to help himself in our old garden. Haven't seen one in the act here but I have no doubt they are nicking them. Nature's way.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Apologies for the spelling!

There is a second female blackbird who is ignoring the taddies and is indeed gathering nest materials from said pond.
            The cats' valet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X