Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any garden-friendly creatures like a heap of stones?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any garden-friendly creatures like a heap of stones?

I'm trying to make my garden beneficial-wildlife-friendly, with various features that will encourage them, such as a hanging bird-feeder, a bird table, lacewing and solitary-bee refuges, a log pile, and a dead hedge (though I must say that the ungrateful sods are steadfastly ignoring most of them, except that the birds have finally discovered the bird-table and feeder). Having recently dug some new temporary veg. beds, I ended up with a lot of stones, some quite big, and thought that there was bound to be some critter that would appreciate a pile of stones to hide in, so I dumped them next to the log-pile. What creatures would be likely to use it, if any?
    Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

I've sen a toad sunning itself on a pile of damp stones, but there were slugs hiding underneath.
    History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

Slugs, beetles,chuggy pigs ( woodlice) mice, toads,( snakes) , ants uurrrmm...and plenty of other things I can't think of right now!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

As Nicos says, plus frogs, snails, possibly slow worms. And remember, most creatures are very suspicious of new structures and additions to the garden. It will take a while, but they will settle in and use the facilities you've provided.

Comment

Slugs, and spideys
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X