Is fox urine toxic????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is fox urine toxic????

Last night in a conversation some of the locals were talking about catching foxes and said that huntsmen have been advised to wear gloves when they cut off the foxes tail ( trophy) as exposure to fox wee can cause lung problems.
    Has anyone ever heard of anything similar? I've spent ages Googling and can't find anything- are they talking rubbish or is it some recent discovery???
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

I googled, and found plenty of sites which say it is non-toxic

Securology: Self Defense by Fox Urine

Fox Urine Critter Repellent
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

hmm..so did I- but I was looking for something 'new' saying that info was wrong. Couldn't find anything .....but why would our local huntsmen all be wearing gloves specifically for foxes if it's a load of rubbish?
      I just wondered if 'they've' discovered some parasite like lung worm in the urine??( I'd have thought it would be in fox faeces if anything)

Comment

In any case, you don't breathe it in through your finger ends!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I think the anti-hunting lobby over here would have gone to town on that particular line of enquiry if it were true, Nicos!
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
            I think the anti-hunting lobby over here would have gone to town on that particular line of enquiry if it were true, Nicos!

Hmm..that's why I was wondering if it was something recently discovered!

Comment

Leptospirosis, which can cause liver failure in humans is transmitted by fox urine. Here's a layman's site:

Handling An Injured Fox

If anybody wants a full analysis let me know and I'll find you one.
              Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
              >
              >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

*steps back in amazement.
                It is astonishing what you can learn from the Vine!!
                Or more specifically - from our scientific grapes like Sarraceniac - but then his name gives him away!
                Last edited by Jeanied; 06-02-2010, 11:36 AM.
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
                  Leptospirosis, which can cause liver failure in humans is transmitted by fox urine. Here's a layman's site:

Handling An Injured Fox

If anybody wants a full analysis let me know and I'll find you one.
                  you are a star!..well done!

Zoonotic disaeses- that's a new word for me today!
                  I did find this-
                  Zoonotic Diseases

which is interesting but doesn't specifically mention foxes.

(Can't seem to see anything about the lungs being affected though by something carried by foxes.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    you are a star!..well done!
                    Not exactly. I'm a retired sawbones but did my time as a GP like all surgeons.

The disease of the lungs is more obscure. Although TB affects primarily the lungs it can affect other parts of the body like bones and the urinary tract. Foxes can get TB and transmit to humans through their urine ( zoonosis - the transmigration of disease between human beans and animals and vice versa ).

Seriously may I just add that I once declared my ex-profession, in a similar situation, on another forum where the members were neither as intelligent nor as friendly as on here. I had to leave and re-join under a different name because I was literally bombarded with PMs asking about members' own symptoms. I won't point out that advice and diagnosis by e-mail is neither ethical nor is it likely to be accurate. So please don't do it. See your own doctor and if you don't like what (s)he tells you don't come to me.
                    Last edited by sarraceniac; 06-02-2010, 02:10 PM. Reason: Sexist advice.
                    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                    >
                    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

I once declared my ex-profession,[and] was literally bombarded with PMs asking about members' own symptoms.
                      don't worry, your secret's safe with us

Comment

Leptospirosis, which can cause liver failure in humans is transmitted by fox urine.
                        Brilliant.
                        from the link (because ppl have been known to not read links) "Fox urine can transmit the disease Leptospirosis which causes liver failure in humans. Never touch fox urine without gloves."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X