No announcement yet.

Just delightful

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was driving to the garden centre one day last week ( can't remember which day). As I came around the corner there was a gray squirrel sitting in the middle of the road. I stopped, beeped the horn and waited. He looked at me and just sat there. About two or three minutes later he decided to move, and casually walked away.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

We get grey squirrels in the garden but the only place that I have seen 'wild' reds is at the National Trust land at Formby on the Sefton coast. The population was almost wiped out by squirrel pox in 2008 but they seem to be recovering now & over 40 have been sighted in autumn/winter 2009 so hopefully they will survive. They used to come quite close & odd ones would even eat from your hands when we used to go years ago. Here's a few photos I took there in 2007, some are a bit blurry as they weren't so tame then.
      Attached Files
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Cool pictures Sue, and they are quite a bit darker than our ones...

Comment

Yours look very pretty & clean though Mac, the ones at Formby seem to come in all different shades, some very dark, some gingery, some pale. I think maybe the Scottish ones are generally a bit paler though, whenever I see one on the 'Abernethy bird feeder webcam' they look almost like greys except for being smaller, pointier ears, slightly gingery & cuter!
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X