Kingfisher

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingfisher

Went up the plot this afternoon to feed the hens and although the weather was cold enjoyed watching a kingfisher by the brook.
    I find it amazing the amount of different birds that we see around the brook that is so small you can step over it.

Very lucky to see a kingfisher - they're so fast for a start lol. The best place I've found for seeing kings is a park in the nearest city to us, sat for a few hours one day last summmer watching it zip up and down the bank, no one else seemed to care at all.

Comment

Any small amount of water is fantastic for attracting wildlife, I have only got a small pond in my garden but the variety of insects I find is amazing !
      The only draw back is you can spend so much time watching whats going on that you don't get your jobs done !
      The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

Comment

I saw one when i was on my holiday in crete, it was unusual because it was by the sea neew the rocks catching fight. I never knew that they did that in salt water let alone the see, they are also very pretty
        Dont judge a plant by it's pot.

Comment

On the stretch of river near us we have at least three pairs of kingfishers. The most you usually see is a flash of brilliant colour and just have time to think, "That was a kingfisher!" But, a couple of years ago I saw one, with a minnow in it's beak perched on a small tree about a metre from me, calling to it's mate. A memory to treasure!!

Comment

When my children were younger (they are now both 40 ish), I took them on holiday all the way to the Norfolk Broads specifically to see kingfishers, which we did. Then when I got older I discovered Kingfishers in a suburban park (Footscray meadows in Sidcup). Beautiful secretive creatures.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X