yellow wagtail

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yellow wagtail

seen this bird today ,only 1 ive never seen round here .
    i rushed to get my camera but when i got back it was gone , very striking yellow underside and grey head and wings .
    the pic is 1 i borrowed
    Attached Files

I thought they went away for winter as we have them round here in summer but havent seen one for a while i think they nest in the corn

Comment

Originally posted by winstonwobble View Post
      I thought they went away for winter as we have them round here in summer but havent seen one for a while i think they nest in the corn
      yeah as i said i havnt seen one of these before , i was only about 6 feet away from it looking through the window and i was like what is that real striking color , perhaps it was something else , any ideas anyone

Comment

Aaah, pretty little bird. It's always nice to see something unusual in the garden.
        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Hi Ollie,

I think it may be a male grey wagtail - we saw one in Helford last weekend.
          Really pretty bird with long tail, perhaps a little 'slimmer' than the pied wagtails.
          Wars against nations are fought to change maps; wars against poverty are fought to map change – Muhammad Ali

Comment

Yes, I would say it was a Grey Wagtail too. The Yellow ones are only here between April and October. My bird books also says that in winter the Grey Wagtail's chin and throat is whitish.

Still nice to see it though.
            Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

i hear ya all but this had a very yellow underside .
              we get the normal wagtails here , grey and white but this really caught my eye.
              any ways i will deffinately keep my eye open and hopfully get a picture

Comment

Originally posted by ollie View Post
                i hear ya all but this had a very yellow underside .
                we get the normal wagtails here , grey and white but this really caught my eye.
                any ways i will deffinately keep my eye open and hopfully get a picture
                grey wagtail well who would have thought it would be called that.just found this pic and that is it 2 a t
                Attached Files

Comment

ooo! Pretty! We see them round Sparsholt inbetween classes alot. I love wagtails!
                  The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

We've a family of the pie-bald variety living in our roof. I love watching them scoot over the ground chasing bugs. It's funny when both the chooks and wags go for the same fly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X