Beware wasps

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware wasps

I normally leave my gardening leather gloves hanging up in my lotty shed by bulldog clips to help them air and dry. Today I went down to feed and water my chucks and because I had to dig out about a foot of snow I put my gloves on. 10 minutes in I felt like someone had driven a red hot needle into my index finger. A wasp had hibernated in my gloves and had taken exception to being rudely woken. Lesson learned - check gloves before wearing. RIP wasp.

Ouch nasty!
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Ya know...I'd never had thought of checking either!!!!

Scorpions in wellies in the med maybe, but not hibernating wasps!!!

Ouch!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

You can get scorpions over here too, though given the recent weather perhaps they might go into decline!
        Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

Poor you.
          Poor Wasp.
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

mrdinkle - you are not wrong. My birthday is on 26th October, so I am a scorpion!

To be honest, last year was a nightmare on the Wasp-front, and I found one buzzing around in the bedroom a week ago about 9pm round the bedside lamp bulb. Thankfully I managed to trap it. But for the last 3 months, constantly, I've been having to trap and kill them. I really hope that I've not missed any, and find them hibernating in my clothing, like I did two years ago

Comment

You just reminded me wellie - I used to live in an apartment in the roof of a big house in cheltenham, it was all wood frame at the top. We had wasp nests everywhere - they were getting in via the chords of the sash windows. A few people got stung when we had a party one night - attracted by the noise and the strip lights in the 1970's kitchen diner bar area.

We also had wasps coming into the bathroom which had a pink and black sunken bath.

Wow that was some place.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdinkle View Post
                We also had wasps coming into the bathroom which had a pink and black sunken bath.

Wow that was some place.
                Now I bet that appeared in a few Videos.!
                Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Possibly, though in the era before me!

All the internal doors had locks and some doors had inner metal doors - think it must have belonged to some kind of drug dealing pimp in the 70's.

Anyway, back to them wasps..... we had to call in the exterminator

Comment

with a gloucestershire accent..... hahaha (the drug dealing pimp)
                    Last edited by mrdinkle; 06-01-2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X