Really Urban Foxes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
    I wouldn't want any of my neighbours to encourage them because of the risk of spreading disease
    There's very little risk, really >>> The fox website | Disease | Risks
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by susieq100 View Post
      a dog fox runs right across the road in front of us - ...In the daylight!
      Winter is the mating season, so you're more likely to see them as they stray outside of their territories looking for a mate

They also have to work harder to find food when the ground is frozen

Comment

Thank you. I thought that Mange was very contagious, but obviously not.

Still don't want the blighters even thinking about murdering my cat and Chooks
        If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

I thought that Mange was very contagious, but obviously not.
          A lot of suspected mange cases (where the fox looks tatty) is actually just the natural moult

Comment

Ther always in my garden autumn and winter sreeming down the place. I have never seen a fox pcub though probably look very cute
            Dont judge a plant by it's pot.

Comment

Both me and Mrs G have Urban Foxes, mines a 1.4 in Silver and Mrs G's a 1.2 in Red very good little motors and our 3rd VW ... or didn't you mean this type

I went to the local supermarket the other week and saw one wandering around the carpark - it looked in excellent condition - McD's must suit them I did have a photo on the phone but must have deleted it
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

I live just 'out of town' and there are foxes around here. Lots of brushland and places for them to hide under the Orwell Bridge and suchlike.
                All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

I live outside of the town as well with woodland and farmland nearby. I regularly hear foxes and sometimes see one during the day but just lately they are calling every night just behind my house. (Well they are looking for a mate!). Last year (I mean earlier this year) I saw two cubs on the lawn - but only the once. They used to dig my garden up and rummage in my plant pots as well.

They are cute to look at but I still remember what one did to my chickens years ago when I forgot to shut them in one night.
                  Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

If the snow stays settled in the morning it will be interesting to see just what does come and play in my garden There is a park behind my garden so I expect there a few critters apart from the squirrels and birds who go exploring.
                    If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

I live in the suburbs of North London and there is an earth 3 doors up under a huge oak tree, so we always have foxes around. I saw from the tracks in the snow that they came right up to the back door last night - don't really mind as long as they don't mark the territory. It's one of the reasons that I can't even consider having chooks (sob), but foxes do make up for it as they can be very entertaining.
                      The down side to foxes is the territory marking (difficult to get rid of and it pongs) and the amorous noises which start about this time of year and rise to a crescendo (literally) in the next month or so.

I do 'recycle' any old meat, bones or fat at the bottom of the garden and I believe it is much appreciated ) especially in this cold weather.

Comment

it will be interesting to see just what does come and play in my garden
                        something like this: YouTube - Foxes Jumping on my Trampoline

Comment

What a fab little video! I know that they kill indiscriminately sometimes but they are beautiful .... and curious!

Comment

I must get a trampoline!

Mine are definately getting bolder coming right up to the outhouse at dusk, the pictures were taken at 10am last week! Picture 1 & 3 are the couple in pict 2. (sorry - still can't take a decent picture!) I've got everything crossed that I will have babies - they have a closed off access lane behind us that has turned into a bit of a wildlife area so heres hoping. I'll forgive the grass dug up and numerous shoes, gloves and on one occassion a nappy left on the lawn for the sight of some cubs!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to say theres bribary involved - I 'recycle' left overs too. Mine don't like carrots

Comment

What lovely pictures rogesse. They are truly beautiful. Unfortunately, round here they're as welcome as Rats
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X