FUNGI I.D Please..

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUNGI I.D Please..

I was having a little dig round and came across these in the bottom of my fig trees pot, there only small 1 cm across, 4cm tall, I'm not bothered about eating them, I just wondered if anyone could throw some light on what kind they are. Thanks so much in advance.

Look a bit like honey fungus to me but will check with OH tonight.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I hope it isn't for your fig tree's sake, Ginger - but from the photo I can't see a skirt under the cap which is one identifier for Honey fungus.
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I've been and had another look, I think somethings eating them but I've been able to rescue these two so I could photo them under neath, hope there not Honey Fungus

Comment

From the look & size of them I'd say they're 'Jelly Babies' leotia lubrica or similar & they're harmless. I would say however it is them then your fig tree might be a bit waterlogged as they tend to grow in damp ground under trees or in wet leaf litter. I had a lot growing in my garden once when I spread a bark mulch everywhere!Here's a link to some pictures & info.
          Leotia lubrica (MushroomExpert.Com)
          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Thanks SueA, They do look like "Jelly Babys", What a relief there harmless.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X