This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attached Files
    Last edited by Nicos; 14-03-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• I know the guys on the end are a curse for you allotment holders but i love to see them feeding in the garden, for sucha basically shy bird, theres a pair that visit us often.

BTW, the two middle ones were of a daady long legs emerging from his cast/egg whatever it is called, as you can see tho, didnt quite work out
      Last edited by Nicos; 14-03-2016, 08:57 AM. Reason: Sorted ;)

Comment

• An early birthday pressie from my cat Lily - brought in on her fur! Just what I need on my allotment, eh?
        Attached Files
        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Lovely warm day on the allotment and I had a few insects busying themselves on my spring bulbs and Pulmonaria - hoverflies, 'normal' flies (bluebottle-ish), couple of honey bees, a Small Tortoiseshell butterfly and this gorgeous queen My first of the year!

I've identified her as a Buff-tailed Bumble Bee Bombus terrestris

https://bumblebeeconservation.org/ab...on-bumblebees/

Attached Files
          If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Lovely Gillykat, nature's amazing!
            ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
            a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• I hung my flourescent yellow cycling jacket in my polytunnel the other day, and when i went to put it on an hour later, it had the biggest bee i've ever seen nestling into the collar, and it didn't want to come off, guess it thought it'd found the daffodil mothership! Must have been a queen, it was the size of a small mouse!
              He-Pep!

Comment

• Bumble bees are pretty laid back and not as likely to sting you as a Honey Bee....but it still makes you jump when you realise you have one on you!!!

A very tatty Peacock was on the plot today....along with a few more gorgeous big Bumblers! Gorgeous warm sunny day - car said it was 19c outside when I left at 3pm!

I got cracking with planting a few of the wildlife-friendly perennials along the back fence of the plot and really enjoyed myself getting COVERED in mud! I plan to put a pond where my shadow is in the third pic with boggy plants next to it and a wildflower meadow in front of that which will stretch up to the flower borders. In my head it looks fantastic so fingers crossed I can recreate it in real life!
                Attached Files

Comment

• I found this ladybird party yesterday under my flowering currant.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Oh man, theyd have been pointed towards the bug boxes surrounding my greenhouse, maybe even kidnapped

Comment

• Ladybirds on an apple tree.

Cream spot or Orange? Anyone know?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Siskin update...
                        She came back...with her boyfriend!
                        And boy they don't half peck at and flap their wings at the great tits!

Oh...and yesterday, near the coast , we heard a skylark singing it's little head off

Isn't Spring lovely?
                        I must be part siskin because I always get into a flap when I see great tits.

Comment

• ^^^^....norty corner...

...now!....
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ladybirds everywhere today in the warm sunshine. I could see them sitting on leaves, hiding in nooks on the greenhouse, and on last year's marjoram flowering stems.

Attached Files

Comment

• Lots of bugs and beasties about and even young and larvae. My oldest decided we should take a piccie of this yellow ladybug

And I know how much you all love slimies so hear are a couple of fatties for ya

Attached Files

Comment

• This fellow is strutting his stuff, almost Jaggeresque, at the bottom of my garden trying to impress the ladies but they seem to be more interested in the barley I put out for them
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X