• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner city bees

Will they talk funny too?

The new buzz in cities: beekeeping | Top News | Reuters
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

They will probably become like foxes, more in the city than in the country!!

Comment

Isn't the guy who invented the plastic beehive the one who is responsible for the Eglu? If so it might become far more mainstream in the way that chicken keeping has. Hope so! Think I'll google that Beehaus later.
      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I don't think there is a drop in bee keeping in town. On our plots we have a bee keeping sub club. And we have to rotor the bee keepers at charity days or else we will have all the stalls taken by bee keepers.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

It was on the T.V last night, apparently the bees fly up to 3 mile's a day away from there hives looking for flowers,then fly all the way back, amazing little creachers, we'd all be up s..t creek if it wasn't for the bee's an the bee keepers

Comment

Hope he's not pollen your leg. Guess this'll bee the new buzz word hey honey? Just hope the story doesn't hive a sting in the tail.

done.
            Last edited by OllieMartin; 06-08-2009, 05:15 PM.
            Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
            Snadger - Director of Poetry
            RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
            Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
            Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
            piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
              Isn't the guy who invented the plastic beehive the one who is responsible for the Eglu? If so it might become far more mainstream in the way that chicken keeping has. Hope so! Think I'll google that Beehaus later.
              Yes I noticed that too when I saw that news article last night, got very excited!
              I've wanted to keep bees for ages but we running out of room in our garden.
              Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

How is the new plastic hive any better than a national hive?
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Omlet UK | Product and Services | Bees | the beehaus

I want one!!!!!

Comment

£500....plus bees......Falls off chair....£500 I could have a sex change for £500.

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                      I just started a thread about this new product on digging around, I wondered what people thought about it..
                      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tml#post510559
                      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

The plastic ones may come in nice colours and easier to clean?

Comment

you can keep two swarms in it.

Comment

Originally posted by lainey lou View Post
                            you can keep two swarms in it.

Hi, You can keep two queens in a National standard too..... just keep the queens seperated using queen excluders.... not frequently done but easy to do as and when required.

Some bloke already sells horizontal hives - so unless he sold his design templates, he'll be blown out of the water now. This is a triumph of "of the moment" marketing and despite the price tag, it'll sell! (bear in mind to set yourself up from scratch without any bees would be around £250 to £300....swarms are free but nuc's are rocketing in price...so £500 is actually cleverly priced....)

Cheers!
                            P17B
                            "You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" - Dorothy Parker

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X