This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grass snake eggs in the compost

found about 25 eggs in the compost today....was a bit of a shock , but they're definitely grass snake eggs!!!!

They're carefully covered over again

At least if I see one in the garden/potager , I know they're not venomous!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Your so lucky to have those,
    I'd consider it a small price to pay for not being able to use the compost for a while.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

a few weeks ago we twisted a shed round,and descovered a sheded snakes skin,a friend said it would have been a baby as it was only aprox 10 in long,she shivers at the thought of meeting 1
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I saw a couple of quite big grass snakes in my garden the other day. I think there are more in France. Just have to be sure I can recognise the difference between them and vipers
        Actually, more to the point, let's hope my dogs can - double
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

I'd love a grass snake in the garden you're soooo lucky Nicos. I've only ever seen one in the wild and then promptly ran it over in the Landie, I was devastated but there was no way that I'd have stopped or avoided it

Vipers have a sort of diamond pattern on their back and are very definitely not looking like grass snakes..........
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Wow. You lucky guy. Are they protected that side of La Manche as well? 'Cos they certainly are here.
            Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
            >
            >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

No idea if they are protected here sarraceniac...they seem to shoot anything that moves here between March and September!!!( including dogs and cats!!!)

ps...I'm a lassie!!

Have to say- although I was shocked at first ( having lived in outer suburbia most of my life)...was wonderful- esp as I knew they wouldn't want to eat/digest me !!!!

pouvre little shrew!!!

Comment

Sorry. I use the term 'guy' in the same way that my g.kids (and I think the Americans) do. If I'm not sure of your sex, then your a guy. In the 30s and 50s a guy was, well a guy. Things change.
                Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                >
                >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Ahh...pas de probleme!!!..Yup I'm a lassie BUT ...I did feel I needed to hide my gendre here for a very long time!!!

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, why? I can't see what difference it'd make.

Comment

You asking me??

..well 3 yrs ago I was very shy....getting more extrovert by the year..had you noticed?????

Comment

Yes. Thanks. I still don't get why that means you couldn't reveal your gender though.

Anyway, for a shy person, you've done a lot of posting. Keep it up. I'm fairly shy myself. I blame my big gob older sister who used to do my talking!

Comment

Ah well...ask those who 'know' me...yup- I'm very shy/private

...und yup..can talk the tail off a snake!!!!!

I think 3 yrs ago I think I thought peeps wouldn't have taken a female seriously...and also t'was my OH's masculine sign in which I took over!!!
                          No problem there...certainly not now!!!

BFG....feel liberated matey!!!!!!

Comment

So I notice!
                            Last edited by BFG; 27-07-2009, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Nicos; 27-07-2009, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X