Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hares!!!!

Well...one!!!

Was fantastic..I was driving down one of the lanes and a huge hare ran out in front of me , then turned round and ran along the road ahead of me looking for a hole in the hedgerow!!!

Must have lasted about 30 secs but I was only 20 feet away following it.

It's the first one I've ever seen so near- and the first one in 10 years- and that was at the other end of a field!

It was HUGE!!!!...I just keep grinning!!!! ( just hope it doesn't find my veg plot!!!)
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

I dont get many round my way either Nicos, cos our hosts blow them to bits every time they get the chance.
    They are about though, drove down my drive one night, not long after moving here, and there were two of them, bouncing about in the garden. Great to see them.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Many,many years ago I found a tiny, freezing cold and starving baby hare. Fed on goat milk and kept by the Rayburn, he survived. He became very friendly and I had hopes of him staying for life.
      After a couple of months he became withdrawn and aggressive and so was left alone. Eventually ihe left and was never seen again. I still think of him and hope he survived and that his progeny still run free!!

Comment

You know- that's something I'd liked to have done in the UK if I'd had land Polly4acres...I have land here - but as Bob le P says...surrounded by farmers with guns

I used to breed bunnies- I'm sure hares would have been wonderful....we need peeps like Rat to encourage them onto his land...(and anyone else with a few acres .)....and eat his crops!!!( do they eat the same stuff as bunnies??.I have a feeling they don't!???)

Comment

We luckily have both the "lowland" brown hare and the "hill" blue hares(which are the ones that turn white in winter),I've seen a few of both this year.This time of year the biggest threat to them is dogs chasing the young leverets , as sadly they don't "breed like rabits".

Comment

Bilbo...those are lovely piccies!!...how lovely!!!!!

Comment

I've seen quite a lot of hares about locally this year, but only one actually in my field. Luckily the dog wasn't with me - it was stupid o'clock on Saturday morning and anyone or anything with any sense was still in bed - except of course my hare - and them pesky roe deer.
              Rat

British by birth
              Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
              http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X