plants for around a bird bath?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plants for around a bird bath?

I'm going to make a birdbath out of a dustbin lid Just wondering what would be good plants to put around it? Its going to be in the middle of the garden, as I read thats best as bird like to see what's around. So was thinking of something low growing...

Wild strawberry or hosta, so the birds can have a snack on the slugs and snails that these attract

Comment

Nothing at all would be best. You don't want to provide cover for lurking cats.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweepster View Post
        Wild strawberry or hosta, so the birds can have a snack on the slugs and snails that these attract
        Don't think Hosta's would last long enough! Good idea about the fruit through, got a couple of low growing plants that get berries on them

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Nothing at all would be best. You don't want to provide cover for lurking cats.
        That's why I'm going for really low growing stuff, so should be ok

Comment

Something thorny, so they've got a safe retreat. They don't like being too exposed.

Berberis is evergreen, thorny and has edible berries, Holly. Hawthorn or blackthorn?

What about a little mini meadow by it too? Just take off the top soil and sow a small packet of wildflowers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X