Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a buzzard

No pictures yet but working on it.

A buzzard seems to have adopted our flag pole/hf antenna mast as a perch. Not as big as the one one that perches on the utility pole at the end of the road, so maybe a young one.

​​
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

That’s fantastic Q
    We see at least 4-5 each time we drive to Flers (20 mins) If they are 10 a penny here then there is no reason why you shouldn’t get that many where you are!

Afew years ago I saw one lying in the road so I stopped . Poor thing was utterly dazed- head spinning like it had just got off a merry go round.. I picked it up and enclosed it in a plastic shopping bag and released it a few 100 metres down the road - when I returned it had flown off!

What was amazing was it’s weight : size ratio…
    Such a stunningly pretty bird.
    So glad I saved its life.

Do let us know if yours returns Q.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

We're not as lucky as you QW those we see are high up in the sky over our house.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Never seen one but happy they are still surviving modern life.

Comment

There are quite a few around here. There is a lot of moor and scrub, which hosts plenty of food. What we are short of is trees, so they sit on poles. They are lazy birds really. Sit on a pole, see a stoat, swoop, eat, and back on the pole.
          I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X