pond liners - which type ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pond liners - which type ?

My current pond liner is about 30 years old and has sprung a leak, so I've decided to remove it and put in a new liner. Anyone have any recommendations, eg butyl ? Rough size will be 5m x 4m, partly due to allowing for the depth.

I would go for Butyl and the best you can afford. I have two ponds one with an expensive liner and the other with a cheaper one . Guess which one has given the least trouble? The better one of course. So long as the pond has an underlay of some thing soft which you can buy where you get the liner it should last for ages. Mine has survived for the last 20 years.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Cheers for that - when you say "best" is there a given thickness or something which indicates that the liner is better quality ?

Comment

I second a butyl rubber liner ours came with a 20 guarantee we did take out the liner and fill in the pond for my veg beds but the liner was a good as the day we fitted it and went to a new home.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by nickdub View Post
          Cheers for that - when you say "best" is there a given thickness or something which indicates that the liner is better quality ?
          The thicker the better but more difficult to install, best done on a hot day as the Butyl will be softer in the heat. As Bren said some come with a guarantee.
          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X