This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• For the first time in twenty years there’s been a nettle weed growing in the front garden,I don’t have this in the back garden either. Because of the peacock butterflies I left it there,today I saw this & it looks a bit like a peacock butterfly caterpillar,did the butterfly put the seed there for her egg
      Click image for larger version

Name:	9036A12B-015C-4E10-9A2F-96DDCCD242B6.jpeg
Views:	190
Size:	397.8 KB
ID:	2532116

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        Lovely photo, Mr Bones.

quanglewangle, I don't want to think about how you took that shot... Having rolled in the fast lane on the M6, pictures like that give me the wobbles.
        Just seen this. Thanks for your concern. Car stationary, handbrake on, engine off. Full risk assessment done.
        ​​​​​​
        I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• "I want worms. Please come out and dig"

Name:	IMG_20210905_121141~2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	2532691
          I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• The little robin that follows me around the garden.

Name:	73A77A26-BDC7-46FD-A936-3430D6B40249.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	791.9 KB
ID:	2532699
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bees on Caryopteris. They really love it, especially just after watering.

A bit blurry - couldn't get the phone to focus on the the actual bees without going into pro mode, which is only understood by teenagers.

Name:	IMG16312877657070.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	626.9 KB
ID:	2532934

Comment

• Speckled Wood butterfly on our coast path walk this morning. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210911_102610.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	548.8 KB
ID:	2532967

Comment

• ^^^ beautiful!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Q….I got all excited for a sec , thinking that’s a plant I could grow in my wildlife garden.
                    Further research says it ‘suffers’ below 5*C here. Darn

Comment

• Nicos You mean the Caryopteris​​​​​​. Yes, it's a bit tender. We thought we had lost it this winter, which was unusually cold here, but it struggled back to life.

We take a chance on tender plants and accept that every five years or so they will get done for.

Comment

• A garden cross spider preparing what looks like a common stinging wasp for its lunch.

Name:	IMG_1850E.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	2533259
                        Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Red Admiral on brambles on our path.

Name:	IMG1632072467393.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	615.4 KB
ID:	2533361

Comment

• Sparrowhawk and young blackbird, trapped behind the greenhouse - both successfully rescued and released. This isn't an action shot.. the hawk was in so tight it couldn't move.

Name:	Raptor.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	730.1 KB
ID:	2533670
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Wow Bones…what an experience!

Comment

• That’s a great photo Bones, perfect for a caption competition. Can imagine what the sparrow hawk is thinking!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X