Electric strimmer -Recommendations ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric strimmer -Recommendations ?

I'm finding it quite hard to get sound advice on Electric Grass trimmers.
    I'm not wanting a battery powered one.
    Must be reliable but light.
    Would plan to use it at slow speed to let froggies etc escape.
    Would pay up to about £80.

i got a flymo one, it works ok, but is really annoying having to get the winding right so the wire doesn't all come out and wrap round the thing in the middle at once..... but maybe they are all like that??? it's the only one i've ever had.

Comment

Why not get a petrol one.Mine is brill,go anywhere cut anything.You can get one for that sort of money.
      The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

you generally get what you pay for, and the electric ones are nothing on petrol ones. you can get a fairly decent petrol one for about £70 in argos now i think. we've had 2 electric strimmers, one was about £20 and the other about £80 and both were varying degrees of crap at cutting...... wouldnt buy one again.

Comment

I quite agree with the others. Electric strimmers are nothing but toys!!!!!!
          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Rubbish
            I bought the cheapest Argos one: about £23.. iirc. And it's great. About 20 mins a charge... so not a long life: but unless you have a big garden or strim rarely, it's ideal. Does nettles etc..
            I expect it will fall apart after two years and bought on that basis.

Cheaper than £80 for 8 years...

Comment

'Madasafish' - Model ?

Hi 'Madasafish', could you you enlighten me as to the model you bought ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X