Mosquito larvae

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosquito larvae

We are suffering mosquitos at the moment (especially my husband, who they like!.
    We have mosquito larvae in our covered water butt, which is next to our house.
    Any suggestions as to how I can kill them and save the water for my garden please!!?
    A Bientot
    Jerseybean

Get some goldfish for your butt ~ I have 3 in mine, they love the deep water. I have no problem draining half of the butt off for watering, they still have plenty.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Do they do ok? Don't they need an airstone? I once put some in a butt for a couple of days when the tank shattered & they cleaned it of larvae. Wondered about then about doing what you are but worried about their wellbeing.

Comment

My goldfish have been in their butt for 4 years now, so I guess they are ok.

I have oxygenating weed in there, and I also pour a can of water on them to further oxygenate the water, once a week.

I feed them pond sticks occasionally, but they nibble the weed as well as mozzie larvae.

Comment

Goldfish

hi,just read about the goldfish in water butts.What is the name of the weed that you put in?Do you keep the lid on?Our water butt has water running off the workshop roof into it.will try myself if its ok.sorry to hi jack thread and thanks.

Comment

It's just normal weed that you get from pet shops/garden centres: Elodea Densa.
            No lid on the butt.
            If you had a lid on, the mozzies couldn't lay their eggs anyway.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X